HELLO! Thanks for visiting! My name is Sarah and I live in Hawaii, specifically, on the island of Oahu. I have a full-time job that keeps me here, but in between, I'll travel when possible. Let me share my travels, as well as a glimpse of what life is like on the 808. I'd like to get to know you so leave a message! In the meantime, here are a few tidbits about me:
• TRAVEL is one of my greatest joys and roadtrips are my forté. Researching, planning and coordinating up until the day I get on the airplane are the overture to my composition.
• SOLO travel is exciting. Group tours? Nah. With a friend or group of friends? Meh. Put me in a car with map and iPod, and I'm a happy gal.
• PHOTOGRAPHY is a passion. I used to take pictures mainly to document places I've visited and still do to some extent. But now it's more an attempt to capture the beauty or quirkiness of a place.
• COUNTRY music makes me feel free. There is absolutely nothing better than driving an unfamiliar, two-lane road in the middle of nowhere and listening to a country tune on my iPod.
• LOOKING FORWARD to sharing images, travel stories, personal insights and valuable lessons I've realized over the years and that I hope we can all relate to.
I'm on a journey of learning and sharing, so come along for the ride! Feel free to share your questions, thoughts and feedback while you're here.
By the way, I've written a number of hotel and a few restaurant reviews on Tripadvisor in case you're traveling across the U.S. and New Zealand, and are in search of some info. Let me know if you have a question, and I'll gladly help if I'm able; simply contact me via my social media channels shown at the bottom of the page.